7.10.08

Monologue

Hi.
Hello.

It's nice to meet you.. to be honest, i've been waiting a really long time.
Really? Yes.. i think... since i was 12.
You know, I still remember a bit: my parents and my brother were hovering around the light of the candles. I was still in bed, having just woken up to this aromatic breakfast greeting me. Smiles, laughs, much more vibrant than this white room that we're surrounded by.
I looked down at my pancakes, and at those 12 flickering candles... And wished to meet you.
Not a wish, really. More of a prayer. Although i don't think i'd come to truly believe at that time, it was a rare moment of clarity where i knew God was listening, so i told him.
Then i blew them out.

I hope that the seat isn't too uncomfortable.
I know that this isn't exactly the most romantic location that i could meet you in, this half empty white washed room. Not knowing the future has that effect.
I'd rather not predict right now where i'll meet you. Or if i already have. Or if it's soon or far away in the corridors of time.

I chose the room. Half-bland. Half-white. Half-plain. half-empty.
Nothing is on your side, yes. But anything could happen. I'm not going to close off my possibilities.
i brought my pens. Pencils, brushes and paint. Scrap metal and paper. Dyes, cloths, clay. They're yours now.
Lead me, create your side of the room. Let me find out who you are.
Paint. Sing. Dance. Flood your side with color, and let me drown in your world.

...
Hello.
I've been waiting for you... a long time.
Huh? No, i'm not repeating myself by accident.
It's important, and i want you to understand.
It's nice to meet you. It's beautiful.

Obsessed? Hah, maybe just a little.
I've been here a long time, is it any wonder that i would make an image of you to wait for?
I prefer the term passionate.
I haven't met you yet, but i love you.
you'll understand some day.
There. That smile... it warms my heart. I look forward to seeing that again.

Are you feeling cold? Here, i'll hold you for a while.
You know that you can count on me to keep this empty room away.

No, no... please don't cry.
i know, i don't want to leave either.
Space does not exist here, but time does.
And it's leaving.
I have to go soon. I have to go back.
Where? You know as well as i do.

Goodnight....

I'm sorry. I might lie to you now, although i vow to ever remain honest.
Maybe it's not so much a lie of another wish. Another prayer.

I'll...
I'll see you soon.

No comments: